the things they say

My girls say the funniest things. The older they get, the more they make me giggle. Mya reads so much these days that she is always growing her vocabulary, and sometimes the things she says just catch me so off guard that I can't help but burst out laughing, and although Elle's vocabulary isn't as extensive, she can say some good stuff too. 

The other day we went to the mall, and as Tim and Mya were walking by Victoria Secret, Mya peeked in and blurted out, "Oh dad, this store is highly inappropriate." He laughed and they quickly found a more "appropriate" store to enter. Hopefully we can remind her of these words in a few years when she gets more interested in that sort of thing. Heaven help me I am going to try my hardest to keep the word "PINK" from ever being bedazzled on her sweats. 

This morning Genevieve and Elle were playing volcano, and I heard Elle yelling to V, "Hurry Ya-ya, the hot llama is coming! The hot llama is coming!" They then ran quickly down the stairs to avoid the hot "llama" (lava). And I smiled the whole time. I see no reason to correct them. 

V was talking to Timmy on the bed a few days back, and when I heard her laughing, I came in and asked her what she was talking to him about. She said, "Oh I was just telling him that he had a weird pee-pee that looks like a stick, and I told him he won't ever be able to get rid of it." She then looked at me seriously and asked, "Wait...mom...will he really have that thing forever?" Yes, honey he will. And yes, it will always look funny.

The girls were playing a game the other day, and somehow Mya's turn got skipped and her face got so serious and red when she realized it, and she yelled, "Who bamboobied me?!!" Knowing she used the wrong word, her hands immediately shot over her mouth and she switched her word to "bamboozled," but for a quick second we all had a good laugh. 

I'm telling you what--my kids are nuts. They are driving me bonkers with only a few days to go, but I will miss the funny things they say when they are gone all day so I am trying to note them down in my phone as often as they throw them out.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley