In love after 10 years of marriage


I'm going to give it to you straight because well...it's just the type of girl that I am, but to this day I don't know how the hell I landed Tim as a husband. Seriously. I think that a handful of times each week. Without being lame or cheesy, I declare that I am the luckiest woman I know.

I have been loved, wanted, adored, needed, cherished, and desired for 9 1/2 years. Tim has become the man of my dreams. I believe I have always been the woman of his (well, at least after he fell in love with me). On paper, it would seem that we wouldn't be a good match. He's obedient; I'm a rebel. He's conservative; I'm a liberal. He's logical; I'm emotional. He's drawn toward math; I'm drawn towards language. He's always kind; I can give a nasty cold shoulder. He is almost always patient; I almost always have to be reminded to be patient. He's really good at everything (irritatingly so); I work really hard to become good at things and still fall short most of the time. He willingly does the dishes but forgets to wipe down the counters; I'm quite the chore nut and never miss a crumb. He loves to relax; I'm not sure I've ever relaxed a day in my life. He is a man of few words; I am a woman of too many words.

I could go on and on. I mean it. I could fill up pages. But I won't. You get the picture. Most days I feel like I fail in comparison of this great man, and I don't use the adjective "great" lightly. He truly is a great man. But you know what, he has never--not for one second--ever made me feel like I'm a step, or even a half step, behind him. I am his equal in every way. Some days, I bet he'd say I was a few steps ahead of him, even though I always disagree because it's just the girl that I am.

I've said it a lot recently in posts, but to be loved as much as I am loved by our children and especially by him is the greatest honor and gift of my life. I have worked very hard to develop a deeper love and appreciation for him over the past year, and I feel that I am starting to chip away at this amazing relationship still waiting for us, and I already feel we have a near-perfect relationship. But I have been praying so intently to know how to love him better, and I do. I really do. I feel the love spreading into my veins, so much so that I beg him to come home from work so I can just be with him.

I am in love with the man I married--so deeply in love. Please excuse me while I join him upstairs and fall into him the way only I am allowed to. ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Be kind and considerate with your criticism... It's just as hard to write a bad book as it is to write a good book." Malcolm Cowley